I find myself writing a lot. Usually, I squirrel my notes away in my local file management system. But that’s not very useful for you, and it’s not ideal for me, either.
I’m hoping to write for the public, for three main reasons:
- You (hopefully) gain something of value. And that makes me happy, too.
- It forces me to clarify my thoughts. Even though I write regularly, putting content online forces me to make my notes clearer.
- It encourages me to write more often. Because when a note is just for me, there’s less incentive for me to write it in the first place.
I write about my passions – naturally, because I think about them a lot. They can be summarized as three main themes that I think will make up the contents of this website:
- Data science
- Systems for personal effectiveness
I’m not entirely sure how often this website will be updated, because regular public writing is new for me. But I’m quite confident it will be somewhat active, since my vision for this is fairly clear. And, I have lots of things to say.
Some things you might expect to see on this site are:
- How to organize project files
- “Change Management” is a misnomer. Here’s the real change management.
- Understanding principal components analysis
- Stories about my hikes in British Columbia
- How and why to use copulas for regression/machine learning
I hope you’ll find this website/blog useful. Have you had the itch to write for the public? Please share your experience and your feedback in the comments section below!